"Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothing ever seems to fit
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down."
"Rainy Days and Mondays", Karen Carpenter
Woke up feelin' sortamondayandblue. (Or was it the meanreds, as Holly Golightly said in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"?) Call it what you will, it just won't do! My solution? Blast Jon Foreman's "Ressurect Me", grab the essential oils and citric acid, roll up my sleeves and start using my hands to create.
Ahhhh, nothing like the smell of fresh peppermint and organic cocoa butter or the feel of baking soda and citric acid sifting through your fingers to almost instantly boost those saggingmondayspirits. Bombs away!!
Super Phat Cocoa Mint Bath Bombs
2 cups baking soda
1 cup citric acid
1 t peppermint oil
1/2 grated organic cocoa butter
Procedure counts when making these!
1. put essential oil in bowl first
2. put in sifted baking soda and mix well with hands so eo is distributed throughout
3. add shaved cocoa butter (handle as little as possible as it melts at body temperature)
4. add citric acid and work together again thoroughly
5. spray witch hazel or water to mixture just enough to hold together (this is tricky! too much water will set off the citric acid--it will fizz--so when you spray keep working mixture quickly)
6. pack tightly into plastic cristmas ball ornaments that come apart, a tennis ball cut in half or in ice cube trays--basically, whatever works for molds.